If you are ever wondering if its too early to have a drink, let this motto be your guide! It’s always 5’oclock somewhere…
This is our motto ;)
In the past couple years, Debbie has become a big fan of Tequila. I think maybe for me, Tequila brings back not-distant-enough memories of Jose Cuervo shots at 2am and subsequent visits to the porcelain god and/or headache the next morning. I have grown up (a bit) and now my Tequila shot is filled with Patron, but its still not my go to by any stretch of the imagination lol. Debbie is working on changing this for me and shes doing a pretty good job of it with this Lime Margarita!
Debbie got hooked on these after a trip she and Mark took to Vegas a while back. From the sound of it, they spent a fair amount of time in Margaritaville! They brought back these glasses (in the pictures) and also a Margaritaville blender in case they want a blended margarita. These are the best machines around for blended ice drinks! Click here if you want to see a picture! I heard a rumor that Margaritaville has now shut down in Vegas, but you can still buy these amazing blenders through Amazon. Click here to get to a page with a link to these puppies on Amazon.
I think I have never been too into Margaritas because I always had it blended and way to sweet. Don’t get me wrong, I love blended drinks too, but for some reason, not for margaritas. Don’t ask me why…. So when Debbie made me this Lime Margarita on the rocks and not too sweet, with a salty rim, I was surprised at how much I liked it! I have even started to crave these once in a while. It must be the sweet/salty thing they have going on….
I am now adding Tequila to my liquor cabinet.
- Coarse Salt Rimmer
- 1 Lime Wedge (or juice to make the glass rim wet)
- 2 oz White Tequila (we use Sauza Silver)
- 2 oz Lime Margarita Mix (we use the Costco Kirkland brand)
- 2 oz Water (optional, but this is what makes it not too sweet for me, and still delicious)
- Run the lime wedge around the edge of a glass and then dip the glass in the coarse salt. Throw your lime wedge in the glass too.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour the tequila, lime margarita mix and water into the glass and stir with a long spoon or stir stick.
- Finish with a lime wedge and serve!