Whiskey lemonade made with freshly squeezed lemons, sweetened with honey rather than sugar, and mixed with a shot of whiskey.
I’ll be honest, we don’t drink a lot of whiskey in our family. There is sort of an unwritten rule around these parts that whiskey can only be consumed in small amounts or bags will be packed and divorce papers will be served. That kind of thing… Ok so I’m sort of joking, but sort of not lol. I’m pretty sure we aren’t the only ones with this unwritten rule. Whiskey has a bit of a reputation! So … small amounts.
That said, we like to have a whiskey drink once in a while. We like to live on the edge here and there 😉 And when we want one, this is the drink that comes to mind. Debbie and I like to call it whiskey lemonade, or redneck lemonade. Either way, its fricken tasty!
Whiskey lemonade is just the ticket for a warm summer evening sitting out on the deck with a couple friends just enjoying the heat and the company. This cocktail is SO refreshing and it’s obviously homemade lemonade as soon as you taste it, so your guests will appreciate the effort you went to.
If they don’t, kick them out and invite us over, we will appreciate it! lol
When I was younger and my family lived in Haiti, we had both a key lime and lemon tree in our backyard. Madame Telom, the lady that did our cooking and cleaning, used to make lemonade and limeade on a regular basis. It was so good, its usually the first thing I think of every time I smell lemons or key limes. Its delicous and if you haven’t tried it before, make some. Even if you don’t put whisky in it. 😉
When you make your own lemonade you can choose the sweetener that you use, which we like a lot. We chose to use honey rather than sugar in ours. You don’t need as much of it and it tastes delicious. Don’t need to get into the benefits of honey over sugar at the moment, were talking about whiskey lemonade here, but there are some….
On another note, its my birthday party weekend! Im turning another year wiser 😉 A bunch of my favorite people will be gathering at Debbies pool to celebrate with me on Sunday. Even one from as far away as the Congo! Im so excited to see everyone! I love birthdays as a great excuse/reason to get friends together. We are all in store for a lot of fun and quite a few Jell-O Shooters! Look out!
Tools to Make Your Whiskey Lemonade even Easier
- A Good Pitcher – we love this one because its glass, it has a lid, and it has a strainer built in!
- Lemon Squeezer – Debbie and I both have one of these. They are awesome!
- Mason Jars – Hands down our favorite way to serve this cocktail. These ones come with a lid for a straw too!
Whiskey with Homemade Lemonade a.k.a Redneck Lemonade
- FOR THE LEMONADE
- 1 cup freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3 - 4 cups Water
- Lemon slices
- 1/2 cup of HoneyFOR THE WHISKEY LEMONADE
- 2 oz Whiskey
- 4 - 6 oz of fresh Lemonade
- Few slices of Lemon
- FOR THE LEMONADE
- Squeeze all the juice from your lemons to equal 1 cup and pour into a pitcher.
- Pour in the water, the honey, the lemon slices and mix well. Your done!
FOR THE WHISKEY LEMONADE
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour in the whiskey first and then fill with the fresh lemonade.
- Throw in a few slices of lemon and give it a good stir.
- You are going to love love this one!