A sparkly strawberry mimosa cocktail that’s perfect for any festive occasion with juicy red strawberry flavor and a touch of lemonade.
Debbie and I love mimosa cocktails. Who doesn’t, really? They’re fruity, sparkly, elegant, easy. A sure fire way to class up ANY dinner party. They’re a classic brunch cocktail and are the absolute BEST at taking the edge off of a hangover if you happen to be nursing one at said brunch. 😉
This strawberry mimosa cocktail is fabulous for entertaining because, for one, serving them to your guests will make them feel elegant and special. There’s nothing quite like a bottle of bubbly for that. Even just popping the cork indicates that there is something special going on. From a casual get together to a formal engagement. And two, this mimosa recipe is damn easy, and quick to make a bunch at once or for refills! Your guests are going to love this one, so make sure to stock up on bubbly or ask your guests to bring a bottle if they ask to help out and you are willing to let them.
What makes this strawberry mimosa cocktail special is the strawberry lemonade compote that’s pre-made before hand and then added to the cocktail glass before pouring the mimosa. The compote is made with fresh squeezed lemon juice, sliced strawberries, and a little sugar then cooked down into a jammy consistency. It needs to cool before you add it to your mimosa, but its worth the wait. We love that you can make this stuff even days before your event and it will keep in the fridge until you are ready.
I have to say, I think this strawberry mimosa recipe has to be my new favorite. I love the sweet fruity tang of the strawberry lemonade compote mixed with the sparkling wine. It’s a winning combination that’s perfect for many occasions like:
- Thanksgiving dinner party
- Holiday Christmas party
- New Years Eve!
- Valentines Day cocktail
- Mothers day – you might even have fresh local strawberries if your lucky
- Bridal showers
- Baby showers
- Brunch with the ladies
To name a few 🙂
We had these strawberry mimosa cocktails at Debbie’s this weekend for a little dinner party to celebrate my Grandma Pat’s birthday. They were dangerous! I could have easily finished off another sparkling wine bottle all to myself.
Don’t you LOVE these stemless champagne flutes? I think they are super cute. You can find them here if you like!
- 24 medium strawberries (about 2 cups squished down into a measuring cup) cored and sliced
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 - 2 tbsps strawberry lemonade compote for each mimosa
- bottle(s) of sparkling wine
- Add the strawberries, lemon juice, and sugar to a saucepan and turn the heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring every once in a while, until the strawberries cook down and the mixture becomes a thick sauce. Then take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- When you are ready to serve it, add 1 to 2 tablespoons to a wine glass or champagne flute. Pour in the chilled sparkling wine and give it a quick stir. Serve!