A sweet and savory brie tart baked with peaches and prosciutto then drizzled in honey and a syrupy balsamic reduction. Its simple and amazing.
Sometimes the simplest things are just the best. This peach, prosciutto and brie tart is one of those wonderful things. Totally simple with only a few ingredients. Slightly cheesy with the perfect balance of sweet and salty and that fabulous crunch from the puff pastry. It takes only a few minutes to throw together, 12 minutes to bake and it will be gone in the blink of an eye.
This brie tart will literally disappear 5 seconds after you put it down and whoever is lucky enough to get a piece will want more. So you had better make two. And invite us over.
When Debbie and I first made this, we fell in love instantly. When I made this again later on that night when Kevin’s family came over for dinner, it was literally devoured in less than 5 mins. Apparently, Debbie and I are not the only ones who fell in love. The same kinda thing has happened every time this peach tart has been placed on a table. I’m not kidding when I say you better make two!
This brie and peach tart with puff pastry is really easy to make. You don’t even have to peel the peaches. Just slice them up, drop a few pieces of brie on the puff pastry, top with the peach slices and then a torn up slice of prosciutto or two and drizzle with a little honey. I like to drizzle with a little more honey after the tart comes out of the oven along with a little balsamic reduction.
This peach tart is also so pretty! I just love the way it looks, especially when its glistening with honey and that drizzle of balsamic. Perfect for entertaining as an appetizer or maybe a date night with your hunny…
Tools to Make this Peach and Brie Tart Even Easier
- Silicone Baking Mats – these are so awesome and versatile! We often use parchment paper, but these work the same and are reusable. ]
- Parchment Paper – we like to have this on hand as well.
- Baking Trays – we love these heavy duty trays with the sides that come up a little. They come in handy for these tarts as well as anything else that goes in the oven.
Now you are set!
- ½ package puff pasty
- 3 peaches
- 4 strips of prosciutto
- ½ a medium round brie (6 inches across)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp balsamic reduction
- Cut the peaches in half, take out the pit and then cut into ¼ inch slices. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Split the puff pastry in the box in half. Sprinkle a surface with a little flour and roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle approx 11 x 7 inches then take a sharp knife and cut the rectangle in half lengthwise. Pick up the pastry and place it on a parchment lined baking tray. Repeat with the second half of puff pastry. (trust me, you want two of these)
- Using the knife, score the edges of the puff pastry about ½ an inch from the edge all the way around.
- Cut the round of brie in half and then cut off all the wax around the edges (unless you like to eat that part). Cut the cheese into ¼ inch thick slices.
- First lay the brie on the tart evenly spaced. Don't cover the whole pastry, leave some room in between slices.
- Next lay the peach slices on the brie and follow with chunks of the prosciutto. Just tear the proscuitto slices up with you hands to place on the tart.
- Drizzle ½ the honey on top of the tart and throw it in the oven for 12 mins or until the edges are nice and puffed and browned.
- Remove the tart from the oven, drizzle with the remaining honey and some balsamic reduction.
- Cut into pieces and serve right away.