Sometimes the simplest things are just the best ever. This Peach and Prosciutto Tart is one of those wonderful things. Totally simple with only a few ingredients. Slightly cheesy with the perfect balance of sweet and salty and that fabulous crunch from the puff pastry. It takes only a few minutes to throw together, 12 minutes to bake and it will be gone in the blink of an eye.
This will literally disappear 5 seconds after you put it down and whoever is lucky enough to get a piece will want more. So you had better make two. And invite us over.
When Debbie and I made this to take photographs for the blog, I was also having a dinner of 12 at our place later that night. I didn’t bring this out until there were only 6 of us left. I only had a little more than half left since Debbie and I had to sample a little earlier. I was glad I waited as it was gone before I knew it and selfishly, I was glad that I didn’t have to share too much…
It really is easy to make. You don’t even have to peel the peaches. Just slice them up, drop a few pieces of brie on the pastry, top with the peach slices and then a torn up slice of prosciutto or two and drizzle with a little honey. I like to drizzle with a little more honey after the tart comes out of the oven along with a little balsamic reduction.
This tart is so pretty! I just love the way it looks, especially when its glistening with honey and that drizzle of balsamic. Perfect for entertaining or maybe a date night with your hunny…
I could even make these living in my trailer and I think I might. Kevin and I deserve a little treat. We have been working our butts off. Follow along on our home renovation on instagram if you are interested! Today I’m going to pick out backsplash tile for the kitchen and bathroom and hopefully get our appliances. I am totally excited that I am getting a gas range this time!!!
- ½ package puff pasty
- 3 peaches
- 4 strips of prosciutto
- ½ a medium round brie (6 inches across)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp balsamic reduction
- Cut the peaches in half, take out the pit and then cut into ¼ inch slices. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Split the puff pastry in the box in half. Sprinkle a surface with a little flour and roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle approx 11 x 7 inches then take a sharp knife and cut the rectangle in half lengthwise. Pick up the pastry and place it on a parchment lined baking tray. Repeat with the second half of puff pastry. (trust me, you want two of these)
- Using the knife, score the edges of the puff pastry about ½ an inch from the edge all the way around.
- Cut the round of brie in half and then cut off all the wax around the edges (unless you like to eat that part). Cut the cheese into ¼ inch thick slices.
- First lay the brie on the tart evenly spaced. Don't cover the whole pastry, leave some room in between slices.
- Next lay the peach slices on the brie and follow with chunks of the prosciutto. Just tear the proscuitto slices up with you hands to place on the tart.
- Drizzle ½ the honey on top of the tart and throw it in the oven for 12 mins or until the edges are nice and puffed and browned.
- Remove the tart from the oven, drizzle with the remaining honey and some balsamic reduction.
- Cut into pieces and serve right away.