A passion fruit martini made with vodka, sweet and tangy passion fruit purée, fresh basil and a touch of honey all shaken with a little egg white for a silky finish.
This post is dedicated to one of my favorite people in the world, my friend Dayna. She is one of the sweetest, most thoughtful, and intelligent people I know and tomorrow she is marrying the man of her dreams. Dayna has been one of my closest friends since we went to high school together 20 years ago and I am so incredibly happy for her. No one deserves happiness more. If you met her, you would agree 🙂 Tomorrow is going to be full of love and friends and family and I can’t wait to watch her walk down the aisle as an incredibly gorgeous bride.
This passion fruit martini is similar to one that Dayna told me about a long time ago. She had something like it at a restaurant and loved it. I wrote down the ingredients she told me and then they disappeared in my notes until just recently. Debbie and I went to work mixing up a passion fruit martini using the ingredients Dayna had mentioned and I think it turned out pretty amazing. The passion fruit shines in this cocktail and the basil adds a freshness that we love. The honey brings out the sweetness of the passion fruit and tones down the tang just a bit. Its a bit win!
We got our passion fruit purée by cutting open the fruit, scooping out the insides and then straining out the seeds. It takes a bit of work to get all those seeds out. If you can buy passion fruit purée, I say go for it. If not, I found the easiest way is to dump the insides of the fruit into a strainer over top of a bowl and then using a spatula, push the fruit through the strainer until you are left with the seeds.
What to serve with this Passion Fruit Martini
Since this passion fruit martini makes us think of a summer cocktail party with lots of appies, here are a few suggestions to pair with this delicious cocktail:
- Peach, Prosciutto & Brie Tart
- Coconut Prawns with Habanero & Pineapple Sauce
- Caramelized Onion, Pear, Roasted Garlic, Aged Cheddar & Prosciutto Tarts
- Bruschetta with Peppers, Tomato, Basil, and Feta
- Whiskey Sliders with Bacon, Caramelized Onion, and Homemade Buns
I gotta tell ya, I would pay good money to be at that party. YUM!
- 4 oz vodka
- 3 leaves of basil, chopped and muddled
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 oz passion fruit purée
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp egg white
- Add the vodka, basil, honey and passion fruit purée to a cocktail shaker. Muddle it well.
- Add a whole bunch of ice to the cocktail shaker.
- Add the lime juice and the egg white and shake really well.
- Divide into two martini glasses and serve!