A beautiful bright red homemade elixir of raspberries, sugar and vodka. This raspberry liqueur is so easy to make and well worth the effort!
A couple months ago, Debbie and I made this raspberry liqueur. You will never believe how easy it is to make and how good it tastes!
Now, in both of our fridges there is a mason jar full of a beautiful bright red homemade elixir of raspberries, sugar and vodka. We have been planning to make a number of concoctions we have dreamed up in the last couple of months to make use of our homemade raspberry liqueur and its finally ready. Its going to be amazing and we are pretty excited to share this recipe with you.
Unfortunately this recipe isn’t something you can whip up and enjoy in tandem with us this weekend. It takes at least a month or two months, for full flavor, for this baby to be ready. But let me tell you, its worth the wait! I’m fairly certain you won’t find anything as good as this in the liquor store, and its incredibly easy to make. Just raspberries, sugar and vodka. We even used frozen raspberries.
This beautiful liquid is like a dessert all on its own, served on the rocks, but the ways you can use it are endless… Over ice cream, in a bellini, with champagne as a mimosa, mixed with fruit juice like a punch. The list goes on and on…
Recipes Using Your Homemade Raspberry Liqueur
- peach bellini with red wine & homemade raspberry liqueur
- raspberry vodka & sparkling wine float with vanilla bean coconut ice cream
- boozy raspberry lemon souffle cheesecake
You must make some. Debbie and I have another batch getting ready for summer!
Have a great weekend everyone!
- 2 bags of frozen raspberries
- 1 bottle of vodka (26 oz)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 large mason jars with lids
- Split the bottle of vodka evenly between the two mason jars.
- Add one bag of frozen raspberries to each jar.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to each jar.
- Put the lid on the jar and store in a cool dark place for a couple of months, giving it a shake every once in a while.