If you have been paying attention to our blog, Im sure you know by now that we like to enjoy a Mojito from time to time. I think my favorite is still ole faithful, the classic mint and lime Mojito. However, Debbie has informed me that this Cucumber Mojito is her new favorite. I have to agree that it is super tasty and incredibly refreshing.
The first time I had ever had cucumber in a drink was when we made our flavored vodkas earlier this year. One of them was infused with cucumber and it was absolutely fantastic in a Ceaser. Debbie had a cucumber infused drink previously when her friend, Sherril, came back from London with a bottle of Pims and made some sort of drink that was infused with fruit and cucumber.
It was only a matter of time before we tried cucumber in a Mojito…
So heres a tip…. You would think that you could muddle the cucumber just like you do mint and leave it in the glass. Not so much. Unless you like a lot of pulp in your drink, that is. We found that if you muddle the cucumber, mint, and rum together first and then strain it and add the muddled mint only and maybe a few extra leaves that the drink was much better! No pulp but all the wonderfully fresh minty cucumber flavor.
- 5 slices of cucumber
- 2 oz of white rum
- 5-10 leaves of mint (depending on how minty u like your mojito)
- 4 oz club soda
- ½ to 1 tsp simple syrup or honey (depending on how sweet u like)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- In a large glass or shaker, muddle the cucumber, mint and rum till the cucumber is broken up quite well.
- Strain into a glass with ice.
- Add lime juice, syrup or honey then the club soda. Stir.
- You can also add cucumber and mint for garnish. We like to put extra cucumber so we can eat them 🙂